Like many open source projects, there are two ways to make source code changes to the source control repository:
- Be invited to be a committer
- Submit a patch to a committer
Before submitting be sure to:
- Read the Contributing page.
- Have a signed Joint Assignment Agreement on file with dataphor.org.
- Make sure that you get latest, and have resolved and tested with the latest code.
- Ensure that your changes conform to the coding and testing standards.
- Ensure that the changes include updates to the documentation to reflect the change.
- Ensure that any project files being submitted are in Visual Studio 2008 format.
- Package your change as a subversion unified diff and submit it one one of the committers or..
- If you are a committer, submit the change into the branch/trunk as appropriate.
If you are wondering what aspects of the system need your help, take a look at the Development Roadmap
, specifically Current Iteration